The Manchester Undergraduate Dental Research Society invites you to attend the third annual British Undergraduate Dental Research Conference. The previous two British Undergraduate Dental Research Conferences have seen great success, with over 90% of delegates grading the 2015 and 2016 conferences as excellent and one they would attend again. The first ever national undergraduate dental conference of its kind in the UK proved that over 200 dental students would travel from all corners of the country to learn and shape the future of dentistry.
This year, the full-day conference will aim to invite over 300 students and will be held on Saturday 4th of March, 9:30-5pm, University Place, Manchester. This conference promises to be the best yet with significant improvements being made.
The day will begin with talks on pioneering dental research presented by world-renowned dental professionals. Guests will be treated to buffet lunch, whilst having the opportunity to visit sponsor stalls and meet with other students and staff. This year, the afternoon will offer students the chance to delve in more interactive workshops than ever before. These interactive workshops are based in multiple dental fields from ‘forensic odontology’ to paediatric treatment planning as well as hands-on implants giving students the opportunity to raise their core clinical skills, gaining a competitive edge.
We will also be hosting a charity raffle to give delegates a chance to win big prizes. Last year, the lucky winners in the charity raffle were able to take away Colgates top of the range electric toothbrush and free loupes, amongst other prizes.
New to this year, there will be an evening social event for those interested- look out for more information!
This is not an event to be missed, with world-renowned speakers and leading tutors providing hints and tips to give you a competitive edge over your peers. This event provides an opportunity for you to meet dental students and tutors from around the country. It will be aimed at all years, BDS 1-5 and will cater for all skill levels. Whether you’re a fresh first year or an experienced 5th year, there will be something for everyone to gain by attending this national conference.
Book your tickets now to avoid disappointment, limited places are available! This year, we are offering a 20% discount for group bookings of 4+! Also, remember being a member of the society means you are entitled to a 10% discount- simply email us for your discount code.
Why you should attend:
- Listen to world-renowned speakers at the top of the field providing inspirational talks on subject matters in dentistry which we hardly come across
- Interactive workshops where you can get hands on experience, increasing your confidence through practice and advice
- The ability to choose and tailor what you would like to do on the day by choosing your own workshops and determining what you’d like to learn
- More workshops than we have ever had before
- All inclusive lunch buffet and refreshments
- Get to meet sponsors from a wide range of companies – most importantly, lots of freebies!
- Being a part of the LARGEST and one of the only undergraduate dental research conferences in UK, with your participation proving a great addition to your CVs, as well as your academic development
Here are some articles written about the previous conferences for more information: